Counsellor & Psychotherapist
PACFA Reg. Clinical, CMSAC
Sheryl is a professional counsellor and psychotherapist, who has worked with the local, expatriate and corporate communities in Singapore for nearly 20 years. She is a clinical member of the Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC) and Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). An Australian who has lived in Singapore since 1999, she founded Lifesteps in 2005.
In addition to her counselling and psychotherapy work, Sheryl offers mindfulness programs throughout the year including the well-known and clinically researched Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) programs. Sheryl pioneered teaching of MBSR in Singapore in 2010. She is recognised as having met the full professional teaching standards of The Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA (CFM UMass). Sheryl has also completed intensive teacher training in the Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) program through University of California San Diego (UCSD).
Prior to establishing Lifesteps, Sheryl worked as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist in a group practice in central Singapore, and was a Behavioural Health Associate at Mount Elizabeth Hospital’s inpatient mental health facility. Before becoming a qualified Counsellor, Sheryl spent 10 years in the corporate and finance sectors in New York, Sydney and Tokyo.
- Master’s Degree in Social Science Counselling – Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Diploma in Counselling and Communication – The Australian College of Applied Psychology, Australia
- Certificate in Counselling – CPR (Counselling & Psychological Resources), Singapore
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program Instructor
- Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) Program Instructor
- 2009 7-Day Residential MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine with MBSR founder Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn CFM UMass
- 2010 8-Day Residential Practicum in MBSR with CFM UMass
- 2012 9-Day Residential Teacher Development Intensive with CFM UMass
- 2015 9-Day Residential Teacher Development Intensive with CFM UMass