Lifesteps respects the personal information you supply and is committed to the principles of data protection. Any information pertaining to our clients will not be disclosed to third parties unless required by law.
Collection And Usage Of Personal Details
The personal information we collect, such as a client’s name, contact details and referral source, is provided by our clients themselves. This data is used to:
– Communicate with our clients
– Better understand our clients
– Refine our internal operations
All client data is handled in adherence to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) and its’ fundamental ideals of Consent, Purpose and Reasonableness. Only Lifesteps’ staff, as well as our clients themselves, will have access to a client’s personal data.
Client records will be retained for 7 years after the last client session. In the case of minors, records will be retained until the minor reaches the age of 25. All record disposal ensures nondisclosure and preserves confidentiality.
Client names and contact details (phone number and email address) may be retained for longer on Lifesteps’ confidential mailing list. Clients may request to unsubscribe to mailings at any time.
Disclosure To Third Parties
Any information shared by clients during Lifesteps sessions is strictly confidential except in the following circumstances:
– The client poses a serious danger to themselves and/or others
– The client divulges information indicating child abuse
– An Order from the Court for information
– The client is involved in a medical emergency and certain information may be essential to his/her well being