Counsellor & Psychotherapist
- Master’s Degree in Social Science Counselling – Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program Instructor
- Diploma in Counselling and Communication – The Australian College of Applied Psychology, Australia
- Certificate in Counselling – CPR (Counselling & Psychological Resources), Singapore
Sheryl is a professional counsellor and psychotherapist, who has worked with the local, expatriate and corporate communities in Singapore for over 15 years. An Australian who has lived in Singapore since 1999, she founded Lifesteps in 2005. In addition to her counselling and psychotherapy work, Sheryl offers mindfulness programs throughout the year including the well-known and clinically researched Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program.
Sheryl pioneered teaching of the MBSR Program in Singapore. She is recognised as having met the full professional teaching standards of The Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA (CFM UMass). This required extensive training, including:
- 2009 7-Day Residential MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine Professional Training with MBSR founder Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn & Saki Santorelli, Executive Director, CFM UMass
- 2010 8-Day Residential Practicum in MBSR with CFM UMass
- 2012 9-Day Residential Teacher Development Intensive with CFM UMass
- 2015 9-Day Residential Teacher Development Intensive with CFM UMass
Prior to establishing Lifesteps, Sheryl worked as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist in a group practice in central Singapore, and was a Behavioural Health Associate at Mount Elizabeth Hospital’s inpatient mental health facility. Before becoming a qualified Counsellor, Sheryl spent 10 years in the corporate and finance sectors in New York, Sydney and Tokyo.